• Coordinates FOH activities and dining room set up, and runs beverage service.
• Deliver & develop our unique wine list and run wine service/beverage pairing.
• Confers with Head Chef to plan beverage pairing.
• Business development and analysis of FOH performance.
• Training & managing FOH staff and developing the service standards of Pasture.
We're a 20 seat restaurant that serves one menu and offers two pairing options as well as an innovative drinks list. We're fine dining but we rock an eclectic 80's music soundtrack and offer a more relaxed service style. We cook over fire, we push boundaries, and we ferment a lot of things. Pasture is owned by Ed & Laura Verner, who work alongside their team daily. We've just been named Auckland's Best New Restaurant and nominated for 6 other awards at Metro Top 50 2017. We're looking for someone to join us and take our service offering to the next level.
Our ideal Maitre D' will have:
- Experience in a fine dining environment.
- A genuine love of hospitality service & creating experiences for people.
- Passion for and knowledge of the restaurant industry.
- Good food and wine knowledge, and interest in natural wines.
- A desire to work in a professional, disciplined environment and small team.
- A drive for knowledge and career advancement.
- A long-term commitment to the position.
- A supportive, professional working environment in a small team of full-time staff, where you will be encouraged to learn and develop professionally.
- Goal-driven regular appraisals and opportunity to grow your salary as your input grows the restaurant.
- An opportunity to be part of one of Auckland's new restaurants that is making waves in the industry for being brave, passionate and our values.
- Regular closure periods for annual leave during July and December.
The boring, but REALLY essential stuff...
Qualifications and skills
• A minimum of 6 years experience within the hospitality industry
• Experience in a similar environment of fine dining at a service
management level, including the curation and selection of wines
• Current Duty Managers/LCQ Certificate, and preferably some Sommelier training
• Self starter, flexible, and able to work independently
• Ability to multi-task, and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast
paced environment and open plan restaurant
• Exceptional organizational skills and precision.
• Motivated to learn, energised by innovation and seek out new ideas
Our ideal new team member has also been thorough enough to read this last paragraph:
If you send us an application, please make it personal and demonstrate you know something about Pasture and what we do. We do not read beyond anything that begins with the words "Dear Sir/Madam". If you don't know about us, we have a website and social media, please check us out.