Catering Assistant/Delivery Driver
Are you passionate about hospitality?
- Do you have what it takes to deliver high level functions and events?
- Do you have experience in banquets, events delivery and venue catering?
- Do you have what it takes to deliver consistently great customer service?
- Do you thrive in a fast paced environment?
Then you could be the catering superstar we are looking for.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join the team based at our central catering facilities. You will provide food and beverage service to internal and external functions/events from 135 Albert Street, so you will need to be used to working in a professional catering environment, be passionate about customer service, be flexible and a team player.
This is a permanent, part-time position working 30 hours per week, mostly Monday - Friday however there is a requirement to work occasional weekend shifts. Your 6 hour shift each day will fall approximately between the hours of 6.30am and 6.30pm.
As a member of our fun and hard-working team, you will have the skills to:
- Set up and deliver morning tea/afternoon tea/lunch/dinner efficiently with high standards of service internally and externally
- Show confidence and flair when it comes to customer service
- Deal appropriately with customer complaints
- Drive responsibly under pressure
- Be well presented, punctual, and reliable
- Work well with other team members
You will ideally also have:
- A full clean NZ drivers licence
- Previous/current experience in banquets, conference and events
- Excellent customer service skills
- A current Food Handling Certificate and/or a Barista qualification (preferable)
- Knowledge of food safety
- You must be a confident driver (automatic vehicles), as you will be responsible for transporting large amounts of food product around Auckland city.
To be a successful member of our team, you will need high energy levels, prior experience in a face to face customer service role, a fantastic work ethic and the ability to learn new skills quickly in a fast paced environment. This role may involve some heavy lifting, so a good level of physical fitness is required.
If this is ticking all of the boxes and you are ready for a job where the days fly by, apply now!
This position is deemed a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment drug testing.
Applications for this position close on Sunday 18 June at 10.30pm.
To apply for this job, please visit our job site and enter the job code 95515SK.